Product Design Engineer
HOTSTART, Inc. has an opening for a Product Design Engineer based from our corporate headquarters in Spokane, Washington. We are looking for a candidate to join our design team and support our efforts to expand and improve our product offerings.
- Lead design activities to maintain and improve existing product offerings
- Lead cross functional teams through engineering change management process for successful project release
- Develop and manage engineering documentation and business system data for active products and components
- Support Sales staff and customers on inquiries for product application and field support
- Collaborate with manufacturing, materials, and quality teams on activities to deliver quality product on time
- Availability and willingness to travel on occasion (valid passport required)
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Willingness to actively participate in hands-on testing, troubleshooting, and prototyping of design concepts
- Willingness to learn and use new processes and technology to solve complex technical problems
- Experience with safety and regulatory requirements for North America, Europe, and Asia (including NEC, UL, CE/IEC)
- Previous design experience with industrial equipment (experience with heating equipment will be very valuable)
- Self-starter motivated to develop deep product expertise and play an active role in improvement activities that have impact
- Excellent computer skills and experience with SolidWorks design software
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of professional experience in product design and development
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 180 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a strong benefit package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume by December 11th to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||November 20, 2017|
|Valid Through||December 29, 2017|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||5723 E. Alki Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99212 USA|