Product Testing Engineer
HOTSTART, a world leader in the design and manufacture of heating systems that improve engine and equipment reliability, has an opening for an Product Testing Engineer working from our corporate headquarters in Spokane, Washington. HOTSTART is a growing company with additional offices in Houston, Chicago, Germany, and Japan. We need a team-oriented person to increase our capacity to develop and test new products and improvements.
- Perform engineering calculations to analyze test data. Apply thermodynamics, heat transfer, and other engineering disciplines to test data to describe system behavior.
- Design and build test fixtures, junction boxes, and power distribution panels according to safe engineering practices, NFPA 70 codes for temporary installations, UL499 and UL508A where appropriate.
- Generate guidelines and calculations to characterize systems for use by sales and application support. Support Sales staff and customers on inquiries for product application and field support.
- Design experiments, write test plans, and perform testing on components, systems, and customer applications. Efficiently communicate test results in written reports and presentations. Manage responsibilities to complete testing and reporting by scheduled due dates.
- Communicate effectively to other team members on test responsibilities, testing status, and test scheduling. Demonstrate high quality work and attention to detail through a high degree of discipline, integrity, and work ethic.
- Collaborate with Product Design and Development Engineers to design testing activities and functional analysis of new products under development. Lead communication efforts with stakeholders on test results related to product development.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, materials, and quality assurance teams on activities to deliver quality product on time.
- Contribute to improvements to test lab capabilities and testing equipment. Develop protocol for future experiments. Must be willing to learn new technologies and data-acquisition applications.
- Direct involvement with prototype builds and third-party testing.
- Availability and willingness to travel on occasion (valid passport required).
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Willingness to actively participate in hands-on testing, troubleshooting, and prototyping of design concepts.
- Willingness to learn and use new processes and technology to solve complex technical problems.
- Experience with safety and regulatory requirements for North America, Europe, and Asia (including NEC, NFPA, UL, CE/IEC).
- Self-starter motivated to develop deep product expertise and play an active role in product improvement activities to directly impact sales.
- Strong technical writing skills. Strong ability to communicate technical results and data to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and SolidWorks design software. Octave/Matlab and microcontroller experience a plus.
- Previous testing experience especially on industrial systems is ideal.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 0-5 years of professional experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOTSTART is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 200 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a 100% owner-funded benefits package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume to email@example.com, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||November 21, 2018|
|Valid Through||December 14, 2018|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||5723 E. Alki Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99212 USA|