HOTSTART has an opening for a Purchasing Agent. We are looking for a team oriented candidate with a proven track record in devising and driving successful purchasing strategies and to use their skills and knowledge to process purchase orders. Communicates with vendors, engineers and Production departments to determine appropriate methods of procurement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for placement, confirmation, and adjustment of purchase orders.
- Review and process requisitions in a timely manner and in accord with established procurement policy and procedures.
- Evaluate inventory levels for products and supplies and monitor trends to determine order points and buy quantities.
- Follow up on back orders, apply proper expediting techniques, and make special arrangements to ensure on-time delivery of required materials.
- Resolve supplier performance and supply chain issues related to quality, delivery and pricing.
- Conduct analysis to identify sourcing opportunities for cost reduction in domestic and international markets.
- Responsible for negotiating and purchasing a complex range of items including; metals, plastics, electrical components and elements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests/projects at the same time.
- Sourcing / Purchasing expertise with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a technical industry or equivalent educational experience.
- International purchasing and import/export requirements experience a plus.
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of Excel and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Lean manufacturing understanding/experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree or other certification desirable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 180 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a strong benefit package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume by December 14th to email@example.com, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||November 30, 2017|
|Valid Through||December 14, 2017|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||5723 E. Alki Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99212 USA|