Railroad Technical Support Specialist
HOTSTART, a world leader in the design and manufacture of heating systems that improve engine and equipment reliability, has an opening for a full time Technical Support Specialist, based at our Railroad office in Merrillville, Indiana. We are looking for a candidate to join our team and participate in our vision to be the world leader in engine heating solutions. HOTSTART has opened new offices in Chicago, Houston, Germany and Japan during the last ten years and has many exciting opportunities and challenges ahead. We seek a team-oriented person capable of working with multiple areas of our company and contributing to efforts to improve and expand our products and services while providing excellent technical support to the railroad market.
Responsibilities & Skills Include:
- Electrical/mechanical experience (locomotive application knowledge a plus)
- Develop, manage, and support future Certified Installer Program
- Customer support for product selection, installation, and operational field support
- Act as a technical liaison between HOTSTART engineering and customers
- Provide input for improvements and maintenance of existing products
- Provide input for new product development efforts
- Customer support for new products and changes as they are released
- Excellent communication skills
- Handle warranty claims & customer complaints, providing appropriate solutions & follow up to customer
- Support Market Managers by working closely with the customer and providing feedback for market trends, grant funding, and new business opportunities.
- Answer customer service calls, issue sales quotes, and manage customer correspondence.
Requirements and Expectations:
This position will be responsible for in-house technical support, field service (some travel required), and basic customer/sales support for the Railroad Division. The right candidate will assist in new product development, existing product line maintenance, product improvement, and technical support to our customers.
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 200 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a 100% owner-funded benefits package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume to email@example.com, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||January 09, 2019|
|Valid Through||February 08, 2019|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||8915 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410 USA|