Sales Engineer - HOTSTART Asia Pacific
HOTSTART Asia Pacific, Ltd. (HAP) has an opening for a Sales Engineer in Tokyo. HAP is the Japanese subsidiary of HOTSTART, Inc. located in Spokane, Washington (USA). We are looking for a candidate to join our team and participate in our vision to be the world leader in engine heating. We seek a team oriented person capable of working with multiple areas of our company and contributing to efforts to improve and expand our sales activities in Asia Pacific region especially for Japan domestic market.
Job Position: Sales Engineer at HAP
Type of employment: Full Time
Report to: Sales lead of Japanese market primary and Managing Director of HAP secondary.
- Min. 5 years experience in Sales, heating industries is preferred.
- Frequent outside office activities like customer visits, trouble shooting, and trade shows.
- Work with the Japanese sales team and related members at HOTSTART group.
- Strong communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Business English and native Japanese language skill are mandatory.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently, reliable, detail‐oriented and self‐motivated.
- Previous technical knowledge or Engineering background especially in Electrical field is an advantage.
- PC Skills (including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- IFS software experience.
- Team player, flexibility, great attitude and lots of enthusiasm are essential
- Overseas trips may be required for customer visit or training at HQ (USA) to perform this position.
- Take care and maintain existing Japanese customers.
- Develop the Japanese market and seek new business opportunities.
- Create a sales report each time when customer visit occurred.
- Proceed PDCA for the Japanese market.
- Help HOTSTART to understand the Japanese market demand, requirement, and competition.
- Support activities of Sales at HAP while cooperating with other sales team members at the office.
- Work with HOTSTART customers assisting them with product price and availability, creating of quotation, order entry, order status, forecasting and problem solving any issues or concerns.
- Analyze customer requirements and market trends.
- Communicate between satellite offices: Siegburg, Houston and HQ in Spokane whenever needed.
- Work together with our Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, QA and other relevant departments in the US.
- Support Market Managers by communicating closely on major accounts, issues and new sales opportunities.
- Provide support to the sales department in other areas and accept additional responsibilities as necessary.
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 180 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a strong benefit package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||August 23, 2017|
|Valid Through||June 29, 2018|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||2-27-15-4F Honkomagome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0021 Japan|