Shipping and Material Handler
HOTSTART, Inc. has an opening for a Shipping & Material Handler based from our corporate headquarters in Spokane, Washington. This position is responsible for preparing engine heating products for outbound shipments. Pulling stock and filling sales orders, packaging product and processing shipments utilizing UPS and FedEx ship systems are the main activities for this role. This position will work closely with the Logistics support team members in addition to the Production and Quality teams, under the direction of the Shipping department Line Lead and Production Manager.
- Prepares products for outgoing shipments - assembles cardboard containers, inserts item using spacers, fillers or other protective material if needed and labels containers.
- Works closely with Logistics Coordination staff on ensuring that customer ship requirements are met.
- Interacts with the IFS Business system for specific customer demands and requirements. Uses barcode scanner technology for system transactions.
- Pulls orders from stocking shelves using sales order information found on pick lists.
- Weighs and /or measures product packages for outgoing shipments.
- May be required to operate a fork truck for loading freight on trucks.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Ability to read packaging assembly drawings. Operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to take direction, communicate clearly and respectfully, and work well with others to successfully meet daily output and quality requirements
- Ability to frequently lift HOTSTART product with weights between 50-60 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- PC, computer system and barcode scanner technology background and knowledge.
- Previous shipping experience preferred.
- Knowledge and use of lean manufacturing concepts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2015 certified, we have grown to over 180 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a strong benefit package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume by Nov 22nd to email@example.com, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/HOTSTART is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
|Date Posted||November 15, 2017|
|Valid Through||December 29, 2017|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||5723 E. Alki Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99212 USA|