Manufacturing Engineering Technician
HOTSTART, Inc. has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician based from our corporate headquarters in Spokane, Washington. This position is responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Engineering Team in the design, documentation, fabrication, and implementation of production solutions and improvements. Creation of production documentation, test and measurement activity, process evaluation, troubleshooting, and test equipment / fixture assembly are all expected activities. This position will work closely with all Production Team members in addition to the Quality and the Design Engineering Teams as required, under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineers.
- Rapid response to production floor for product and process issues
- Create, edit, and maintain production work instructions and documentation
- Perform and document test, measurement, and process evaluation activities
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems and machines
- Design, fabrication, and assembly of fixtures, jigs, tools, and controls
- Participate in Kaizen, First build, and Continuous Improvement events
- Data entry and processing in controlled company databases
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of general engineering practices including understanding design specifications, reading drawings, schematics, and BOM's, equipment and component testing methods
- Solid Modeling and Drafting experience desired
- Ability to work productively while independent or within a team setting
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 years Production Experience minimum
- 2-year Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Mechanical Technology Degree preferred
- PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
HOTSTART Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of industrial engine preheating systems. Established in 1942 and ISO 9001:2008 certified, we have grown to over 180 employees in a modern manufacturing facility. The company provides a strong benefit package highlighted by medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with contribution matching and profit sharing, and educational assistance. Email resume by August 18th to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO Box 11245 Spokane Valley WA 99211 ~ Drug-free/EEO.